Euro Clear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Clear

I shot this clear for the first time this week and although I have not sprayed any UV yet this is my new favorite.
    This is 2 coats right out of the gun in my home made booth that doubles as a dust distributor.

Romans 10:9-13

That looks awesome. Heck, I cant even make water lay down like that
    Cya, Dion

Comment

What have you used, MS?

Comment

MS and Production so far. I have a gallon of UV and 4 quarts of activator in the cabinet just haven't had the right "project" yet.
        I applied the Euro mixed 4:1 and it was laid it on wet. Only had one sag but that was because I stumbled a bit and paused the gun in one spot.
        Added a third coat after the pics but probably didn't really need it.

Comment

Which Euro, 5000 or 5100?

Comment

Nice!!! I like the Euro too.
            JC
            (It's not custom paint-it's custom sanding)

Comment

Originally posted by crashtech View Post
              Which Euro, 5000 or 5100?

Comment

Wow, you sprayed 5000 with no reducer? It's pretty thick like that!

Comment

I sprayed the roof of the truck with a 4:1:1 and it looked pretty decent but when I went to spray the hood I figured why not try it straight 4:1.
                  Iwata LPH400 1.4 about 24 psi with fluid and fan near wide open. Gun about 4" from surface and moving fairly slow. 50% overlap. Basically hosing it on.

Comment

Hoser!!

Comment

Originally posted by '68 Coronet R/T View Post
                      MS and Production so far. I have a gallon of UV and 4 quarts of activator in the cabinet just haven't had the right "project" yet.
                      I applied the Euro mixed 4:1 and it was laid it on wet. Only had one sag but that was because I stumbled a bit and paused the gun in one spot.
                      Added a third coat after the pics but probably didn't really need it.
                      Yeah, you definitely didn't need a third spraying it 4:1 with no reducer. Looks great. Should have plenty of clear on car if you decide to sand and buff. Just don't wait too long.

Comment

i second the dont wait too long.

Comment

I cleared a GTO hood last week (10 days ago) with 3 coats of Euro 2020 4:1:1. How long is too long before polishing?

Comment

The last job i did with 5000 at 4:1:1 with slow activator and very slow reducer. It sat atleast 2 weeks and buffed out fine. Nothing like universal...but wasn't like concrete. I think the key is the slowest you can go with it and I finish everything out with 3000.
                            http://www.elitecustoms.net

Comment

Some additional info on the 5000 Euro, from when the new fast and slow activators were introduced:

http://www.spiuserforum.com/showthre...959-5000-clear

Comment

Working...
                              X