Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for good 1.4 gun

You can pick up a tekna copper for around $300-350. The prolite around $100 more.

The copper really is a though deal to beat. I haven't used my iwata lphs in so long. I still like iwata, but the copper has grown on me for a base gun. Others like the prolite for clear. The copper comes with a hvlp and/or a compliant cap (7e7), which is the one I have. If you thought the iwata lph400lv was a great base gun and effortlessly to use......the copper is better IMO.

Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyb View Post
    You can pick up a tekna copper for around $300-350. The prolite around $100 more.

The copper really is a though deal to beat. I haven't used my iwata lphs in so long. I still like iwata, but the copper has grown on me for a base gun. Others like the prolite for clear. The copper comes with a hvlp and/or a compliant cap (7e7), which is the one I have. If you thought the iwata lph400lv was a great base gun and effortlessly to use......the copper is better IMO.
    I might need to try the Tekna for base, I've been using the purple cap Iwata for so long but it is very finicky about being perpendicular to the surface, I have tiger striped the middle of a couple hoods because I've gained a few and can't get as close as I used to, lol. What do you use for clear? Last I remember it was the W400LV...?

The prolite with the te10 would be an upgrade from the copper/7e7 for base, but I think the copper suits me just fine. It really is hard to screw base up with it. Only needs about 22-25 psi for base much like the iwatas but the output is more like a rp and is definately quicker than the lph's. I use a 1.4 with the wanda base.

Been using both 3000 rp and 400lv for clear lately. I like the rp for the bigger overalls but the 400 still puts out a nice finish.

Dinosaur
    I used to really like the old RP, been many years since I used it, but I remember it being able to lay out the clear nice and quick!

Jeremy what needle are you using for clear with your rp and how do you have it adjusted.Thanks

1.3. start wide open and adjust in. Prolly not even half a turn for universal clear on the fluid. 30-32 psi.

I think a 1.4 would do better...but the 1.3 is what I have...going to get a 1.4 needle/nozzle set soon. With an rp you can get away with using a 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Senile Old Fart View Post
    Barry steered me away from buying an Iwata primer gun

Intrigued to know why? I have the LPH 440 with 1.4 and 1.8 nozzles and it lays all of the SPI primers down beautifully.

Back to the Vaper Gun do you have to use the supplied plastic cup or can you use some type of throw away? I know nothing about this stuff just wondering what options one can use.

I will add I will not plan to paint to any extent. It is just to use for Epoxy Primer by SPI.

My Current one is the Central Pneumatic Professional Purple one with a 1.4 tip. I have not used it as of yet but if the Vaper is better I can use the 1.4 for stuff like parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Morgan View Post
    Intrigued to know why? I have the LPH 440 with 1.4 and 1.8 nozzles and it lays all of the SPI primers down beautifully.
    I asked an opinion about the Iwata and was told I could get great results with a less expensive gun. I have had great results with Finex 100 & 300 guns shooting urethane primer and epoxy primer. No reason other than less expensive for occasional use.

Anyone using a Devilbiss Finishline for ss or base and clear. I think I will grab a vaper as posted on previous page for epoxy. I sold my iwata last year and now need to paint my daily driver truck and my wifes car could use a coat as well.