Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 5000-1 clear

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Connelly Springs NC
    Posts
    134

    5000-1 clear

    I have used several of the SPI products and I am very satisfied with the quality and of course the prices. I have used the 1:1 universal and I am thinking of trying the 5000-1 (4:1:1) line of Euro clear. Is this clear comparable to PPG 2021 spraying wise? I'm sure the quality is comparable (probably better than PPG) I am mainly wanting to know what to expect in spraying characteristics as I am familiar with the 2021 PPG. I'm in west/central NC so the temps are currently high 80's low 90's so I was thinking slow activator and slow reducer, would that be correct mix for this clear, or would I be ok with normal? I'm just looking for a few guidelines so I know what to expect. I know there are variables in gun choice, pressure, painter, etc, mainly just wanting a little info on how it sprays. Also I learned to paint on big stuff, so I like to paint fast, and keep moving. I like to use a 1.5 tip for spraying clear, will that be a problem with this clear? Thanks in advance

    Kelly

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    24
    Also, what is the recoat story with Euro? Is it anything like the 30-minute repeat available with Universal?

  3. #3
    Oldtimer '68 Coronet R/T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northwest Arizona
    Posts
    1,199
    Here's a thread on my first time with 5000 Euro.
    http://www.spiuserforum.com/showthre...072-Euro-Clear
    Romans 10:9-13

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Connelly Springs NC
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by '68 Coronet R/T View Post
    Here's a thread on my first time with 5000 Euro.
    http://www.spiuserforum.com/showthre...072-Euro-Clear

    Thank you sir. I had no doubts of the quality, I was just wanting to know what to expect when I go to spray.

    Kelly

  5. #5
    Oldtimer '68 Coronet R/T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northwest Arizona
    Posts
    1,199
    Gun settings and how applied are in the thread.
    Romans 10:9-13

  6. #6
    Paint Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
    Thank you sir. I had no doubts of the quality, I was just wanting to know what to expect when I go to spray.

    Kelly
    The nice thing about the 5000 Kelly is you decide how it sprays by the reduction you chose and how fast it dries.
    It is a real money maker for a shop that wants to take the time and figure out what reductions to use on what cars.
    It will spray a little easier in my opinion because of the reducer, once you figure it out.
    Feel free to call and discuss anytime.
    Barry@kives.net
    404-307-9740 OR Text, Tech Line (7 days)
    706-781-2220 Office

  7. #7
    Paint Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by mlp-mx6 View Post
    Also, what is the recoat story with Euro? Is it anything like the 30-minute repeat available with Universal?
    The 30 minutes between coats is for 3 coats or more do to the high solids.
    Two coat production applications with all our clears can be from wet on wet , 5-min, 10-min, 15-min.
    Barry@kives.net
    404-307-9740 OR Text, Tech Line (7 days)
    706-781-2220 Office

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Connelly Springs NC
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The nice thing about the 5000 Kelly is you decide how it sprays by the reduction you chose and how fast it dries.
    It is a real money maker for a shop that wants to take the time and figure out what reductions to use on what cars.
    It will spray a little easier in my opinion because of the reducer, once you figure it out.
    Feel free to call and discuss anytime.

    Thanks Barry, I will try to give you a call sometime Monday. I have a few general questions as well as a few about the 5000-1. I know you are a busy man and I try to avoid bothering you if possible. I'm sure it will have a learning curve as does any unknown/new material being used.

    Thanks
    Kelly

  9. #9
    Paint Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    2,592
    Never a bother, call anytime if I don't answer, I'm on the phone and will call back.
    Barry@kives.net
    404-307-9740 OR Text, Tech Line (7 days)
    706-781-2220 Office

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Connelly Springs NC
    Posts
    134
    I would like to take a second to thank Barry publicly. I called this morning to ask a few questions, and ended up with more than I bargained for. Once again Barry you have gone above and beyond my expectations. Thank you for everything you and the great people at SPI do. Thanks for the hard work, great products, and great information that is always available.

    Kelly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •