Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: basf limco supreme

basf limco supreme

anyone have any info on this?

from basf:

Supreme Plus is a basecoat developed specifically for use in automotive and production shop facilities–providing better color matching and faster drying times. Supreme Plus meets the most stringent VOC regulations and you can use the product with the same set of toners even if VOC regulations change in your area. Change mixing clears, solvents, or hardeners and still remain compliant – Supreme Plus makes it simple!

-------------

I know limco is bottom of the line for basf.....but i'm wondering, based on the description, if this is their new solvent compliant system they are testing under the limco name? seeing is how you can mix regular or low voc......they list the low voc base at 3.5

Jeremy just to give you my 2 cents I have sprayed a a handfull of partials and I personally dont care for it at all, I find the coverage is brutal, I believe there is very little pigment and mostly a binder in the paint, it is cheap tho and would be ok for completes.

you talking about the supreme PLUS? the supreme already exists......the plus will be out on july 15th (official launch). unless you already got your hands on some? I dont use basf so not in the loop with anything on that end.

Oh I'll have to check tonite, I actually think it was the limco supreme, hopefully the plus will be more like the diamont because I love the rm diamont lol.

maybe i shoulda put that in the thread title....gets kinda lost in the description. personally wouldn't put limco on a lawn mower....the current form atleast.

I just talked with my jobber and the Limco Supreme Plus is a newer formula that "they say" has gotten good reviews. It runs a little less than 1/2 the cost of the Diamont base. I believe it is a converted enamel.
    If anyone has some experience with it I would sure like to hear from you.
    Romans 10:9-13

Funny timing of your reply!

I just bought some and they are telling me it is a new formula and polyester based. The previous supreme was a converted enamel. I'm going to be trying some just to see. Ford code EU (candy apple red) 1 quart of color is $65. Same color in R-M would be $95. You dont even want to know the price in Sikkens..LOL. Mixes 2-1 but they say guys have been mixing up to 1-1 with a 3 coat coverage. This particular store did a 6 month run of it before it was released and they say guys that have been using R-M are switiching to this. Certainly wont be going that far...but doesn't hurt to try it.

Alot of "they say" going on here...lol. We will see.

Great timing is right. Now that you mention it I think the jobber was saying the Limco Supreme was the converted enamel and the Plus is a new formula so that would be great if its a polyester based product. I am looking at a white with gold pearl and the R-M for a quart of each was $192.18 before tax. The Limco Plus came in at $77.67 so a big difference in price. ProSpray comes in about $100 (total) for the pair and will be my choice if the Limco Plus doesn't impress you so I'll be waiting for your thoughts on it.

Just sprayed some...seems alot like the wanda at a 2-1 mix. a little thicker than lets say diamont base or sikkens base. Seems to cover well. Took 4 coats to cover one of those black and white spray cards. Color seems to be pretty dang close to my sikkens color chip for red.

Just not so sure yet about throwing it on a 100k resto!! LOL.

Too late! I ordered the ProSpray from Chad this morning. LOL.
    So you don't think you'll be using this Limco on that modified vette?