1966 Valiant for the Other Daughter....

JimKueneman

Mopar Nut
Commando valve covers.. to get the wire holder off just heat with a heat gun... they will pop right off. They are in getting polished. Pulled the blower motor apart and polished up the shaft so it will spin easily. I ended up driving the shaft with respect to the armature while I was trying to get it apart the first time but a few careful taps got it all lined up again... It should turn freely and not get hot running for extended time.. I had to pull it apart a couple of times to get the end play and burrs a few burrs off the shaft so it would not get hot.... Put the evaporator in a tub of water and used an air hose at 100 psi to look for bubbles. Looked fine.

DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0022.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg
DSC_0026.jpg
DSC_0027.jpg
DSC_0028.jpg
 

JimKueneman

Mopar Nut
Just a lot of detail cleaning and painting while assembling the AC box and fresh air vent... Detroit Muscle Technology kits are the best.. I got a template from someone to cut the holes in my firewall but what the heck may as well use it to keep the box stable since it is sort of an AC box and a separate Heater box held with one lousy bolts... Heater core is the same as the non AC and this one Bob at GlenRay did for me a few months ago..

DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0030.jpg
DSC_0031.jpg
DSC_0032.jpg
DSC_0033.jpg
DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg
 

JimKueneman

Mopar Nut
Well did not get to the dash pad.. had to get the car out to put the Christmas decorations up so I just spent the day breaking my back with guide coat and 320 grit blocking.... There is a mystery with these cars and the quarter top spears... It appears that there were TWO different lengths and the replacement quarter I got had the longer one... Thank goodness I test fit the spears I got a few weeks ago before taking them to the polishers! If I had this painted then realized that the groove was 2" to long on this side I would have been pi$$ed..... Also the sun is a powerful tool for body work... the shadow cast was not consistent on the RR quarter so I got out the hammer and dolly and made some adjustments. Then blocking along the panel to get the shadow as straight as possible. The trunk almost done.. found one low spot... The hood I knew needed work and it is now ready for the final coats of epoxy to block out to perfection. Stick a fork in the roof it is blocked with 320 to perfection... A couple more coats of epoxy and blocking out with 400 and it is ready for paint. I was going to shoot epoxy on the hood, trunk and fixed spots but it was getting late and I did not clean my epoxy gun very well last time I used it.. This is NOT the time for a crappy finish and orange peel as I am trying to get it _smooth_.... I decided not to push it. The days are getting longer and the temps are starting to rebound, I will wait.

DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
 
Top